Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Friday 19 August 2016

Friday Inspiration File



Happy Friday!  It's my day to post on the We Teach SPED page and since it's Friday, I thought I would choose a topic that doesn't require much brain power!  Today I want to share with you my 5 favourite fidgets that you can make with little money and materials! 


1.  Binder Ring Bead Fidget

This one is so simple to make and you most likely already have the supplies in your classroom!  All you need is a binder ring, I prefer using larger ones, and some pony beads.  Simply put some beads on the binder ring and you are done! Make sure not to fill the entire ring with beads; you want to leave some space so that the students can move them around the ring.  I also like to put a dab of E6000 glue where the opens, so that the students can't open them and drop beads everywhere!



2.  Carabiner Clip Fidgets

This one is so simple to make with supplies from the dollar store.  Simply buy a carabiner clip and some fun keychains, attach the keychains to the clip and you are done!  Easy peasy!



3.  Pool Noodle Fidget

This one is ridiculously simple!  Just a buy a pool noodle and cut into slices!  Students can squeeze the slice or put on their finger!



4.  Balloon Stress Balls

You could have your students help you make these.  They could practice measuring and pouring to fill the balloons.  I didn't do that, but you could!  I actually made these this summer when I was cleaning out my kitchen cupboards and drawers.  I found these balloons and then when I was cleaning out my pantry, filled them with old spices, flours and beans!  I love the different textures the ingredients created!


5. Weighted Lap Fidget Bags

I made these after seeing a similar product in a catalog for $40.  I found these pouches at the dollar store and decided to try to make my own.  They cost about $5 each to make.  The first one I made is from a mesh pouch filled with rice and then I added two strings of beads on the outside.  The second one is a plastic cosmetic bag that I filled with water beads.  I like these because they provide some weight to the students and they can still fidget with the rice and beads with their hands.  I plan on using these during group lessons the SMART Board.




Do you have any favourite DIY fidgets?  I'd love to hear about them!  Thanks for stopping by!

Until next time,





1 comment:

  1. I love these ideas! I am going to try to make the binder clip ones right away.

    ReplyDelete

Recommendations by Engageya