Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Learning with Your Craft Stash - Pom Poms

Today I am linking up with Kim over at Life Over C's to highlight different ways to use regular craft supplies to enhance learning.  This is going to be a 21-day event covering many different craft materials you might have stashed at your home or classroom. I will not be blogging for each of the 21 days, but I will be linking up with her several times throughout the month. Each blog post will feature a different craft item. You don't want to miss a day, so make sure to click on the image to hop on over to all the action. 


Today is all about learning with pompoms. Pom Poms are cheap and easy to use for lots of different learning.  You can easily target multiple learning skills with Pom Poms. 


I use pom poms for teaching a variety of skills in my classroom.  I love that they can be used with students across abilities for a wide range of learning activities.  For my really early learners, I use them for simple put in and put on tasks like these which focus on developing fine motor skills.




For my mid level students, I use them to teach sorting by colour and size.




I also use them to teach patterning.  Use can use patterning cards for students who are just learning this skill and ice cube trays for students who are ready to create their own patterns.


And finally, I use them to teach counting and one-to-one correspondence.  For students who are just learning to count, I use cards like these to assist them with this skill.


How do you use pom poms in your classroom?  I'd love to hear from you!  Leave me a comment below!  To help you get started with using pom poms in your classroom, I have created these freebies!  It contains all of the printables included in this post and more!  You can download them from my TPT store!




Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya