Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Monday 23 March 2015

Hoppy Easter!

It's hard to believe that it's almost the end of March!  It's time to say good-bye to winter and hello spring!  I am so ready for warmer weather and longer days filled with sunshine!  With spring right around the corner, that also means that it will soon be Easter.  For the next two weeks we will be learning about Easter in my classroom, so it seems timely to share these Easter themed activities I made with you!  I am linking up with Jungle Learners today, so be sure to hop over there and check out everyone's Easter resources and maybe grab a freebie or two!


To help my students learn some Easter vocabulary, I made this interactive book to read together.  My students are much more engaged in reading when there is a more active component involved.  In this book, students find the correct picture and place it in the box on the page.  This helps them to attach meaning to the words they hear.  I have also included flashcards and spelling task cards that can be used to work on the vocabulary words in the book to enhance receptive and expressive vocabulary skills, matching letters and letter recognition.







To work on colour identification and counting, I made another interactive book.  In this one, the students count the eggs, find the corresponding number symbol and place it in the first box on each page.  They then identify the colour by choosing the corresponding colour symbol and placing it in the second box.  Then the teacher reads the completed sentence to the student.




I have one student who loves to colour, and others that need to work on their grasp and fine motor control, so I made these mini colouring sheets.  There are four colouring sheets to a page that can be printed and cut apart.



And finally, I made these matching and sorting tasks at varying levels of difficulty to match the varying needs of my students.  These will be used to teach matching and sorting for some of my students, and for others they will be independent tasks.





You can get any of these activities by visiting my TPT store:  https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Adventures-In-The-Atc.

What activities do you have planned for your students?  Have you made any resources that you would like to share?  Leave me a comment below or link up at Jungle Learners.  I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommendations by Engageya